You know, Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood. They'll hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood.
But I'm taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line.
Because I'm in a New York state of mind.
Although, technically, I'm in New Jersey.
Hello everyone. I'm visiting a friend of mine over Thanksgiving and am just rounding out my first 24 hours in NYC. I've been having a great time. Here are some things I have noticed about New York during my brief tenure:
1. Even the children wear great shoes
2. People are actually pretty nice
3. The sanitary conditions of public restrooms are never reliable, even if they are in a Starbucks (ew)
4. Umbrellas flip inside out when used under windy conditions (it seems like this problem should have been addressed by now)
5. New York restaurants make their stuffing very salty (or at least one does)
Today: Macy's Parade
Tomorrow: Les Mis