This is my dad.
Here he is fixing the hole in my ceiling.
Here he is schlepping my stuff to London.
Things that are great about my father:
1. He loves the Lord and has raised us kids to know and love our heavenly Father above all.
2. If there is an open container of sour cream in the refrigerator, I can pretty much guarantee that he has sprinkled some Tabasco in there. Maybe even some french onion dip mix.
3. He wired a universal remote for the family television set. And when I say "wired," I mean he put our DVD remote and our TV remote back-to-back and wrapped a piece of wire around them. Ghetto? Maybe. Effective? Yes.
4. He has always loved me unconditionally. I know this because he says (often), "Do you know I love you, daughter?"
5. He LOVES to pick people up from the airport. Or drop them off at the airport. Or rescue them from a stalled car at the side of the road.
6. He usually just smiles, but sometimes you can get him to laugh really hard. That's always fun.
7. He's always up for a drive.
8. He's smart and creative.
9. He's usually game for an episode of Star Trek or a late-night movie. And he's always been an easy touch when it came to an ice cream at McDonald's or a basket of fries at the Breeze Inn.
10. He is characterized by his kindness, hospitality, and graciousness.
He is especially gracious with his eldest daughter when she fails to call or write him on Father's Day and tries to make up with a long and sweet (though belated) post.
Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you.
See you soon!