Tuesday, June 26, 2007

the post of a marathoner

...well, a half a marathoner.

Who walked.

mile one - wow, it's a nice morning. Look at all these people around me. It's nice to get out and stretch my legs this Saturday morning.

mile two - I think that maybe after this half marathon, we should go out to lunch, and then maybe get some people together to play Frisbee or something.

mile three - hmm, haven't seen a mile marker in awhile. I bet we're about half way - oops, nope, only at mile three. Hmm. There's kind of a lot of mosquitoes out here.

mile six - yesss! half way! The nice thing about walking like this is that my lungs don't get tired before my body does.

mile ten - please don't talk to me. My feet hurt. My calves hurt. My hips hurt.

mile eleven - my shoulders hurt - how does that even happen?

mile twelve - justfinishjustfinishjustfinishjustfinish

mile thirteen - wait, how far do we have to walk to the car? Where's my couch?

Last Saturday, my friends Natalie and Melody, and my sister-in-law Laura convinced me to walk a half marathon with them. How hard could thirteen miles in three or four hours be?

I was surprised at how tired and sore I was afterward. Laura said that it's cured her from ever wanting to run a marathon, and I have to agree with her. Plus, I've found out that I don't have to run a marathon to get the sweet t-shirt, the medal, and (most importantly) the space blanket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

space blanket...yes, please.

And, about your brother's blog...don't worry-he can never replace you...ever!