Saturday, January 20, 2007

...you Guata go!

As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Romans 10:15b

Hmmm. Perhaps misapplied in this instance.

My trip to Guatemala was short. Way, way too short. I know nothing about the country. I didn't get to learn all the girls' names at the orphanage. I never got to have a sit-down talk with the American missionaries. I didn't cry. I didn't get frustrated with my team. It was SO short. Like a breath.


But it was still worth it. We spent the majority of our time visiting an orphanage that was started several years ago by American missionaries. The home has 25 girls right now and has some crazy-growth plans. The plan is to finish another house in February for 30 more girls and a home for boys this summer. There certainly is no shortage of children that need a home. We were also able to run a Vacation Bible School (so fun!) and visit two other orphanages and a hospital.


I was so encouraged by this trip. There is something to be said for being surrounded for a time by like-minded people with a like-minded purpose.


I want to go back.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Sounds like you had just the tiniest taste of something you liked very much. I hope you do get to go back--there must be lots of work to be done! Great pictures, and I love that verse! (I imagine the early disciples feet looked a lot worse from traversing all those miles of desert roads!)